By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://www.trainingmitsystem.de/
swim tubing - the perfect exercise to improve swim stroke
During the tubing training, the entire underwater phase is simulated and both coordination and strength are trained.
The focus is on clean execution. A low load should be used for precise technique training. A high number of repetitions with a corresponding load is chosen to train strength and endurance.
|The video was filmed with Steve Tarpinian |
(a longtime partner and companion. † 2015 www. swimpower.com),
taken in one of our training camps.
The strength of the tube and the number/length of training sessions must be individually chosen by each person depending on their level of performance.
Tubes for swimming training are available in different strengths.
- the tube is slightly under tension
- bent but most possible straight back
- facing slightly forward, similar to swimming
- stable standing with both legs next to each other
- Bending of the forearms / water grabbing with inner rotation of the shoulder, here no significant force is being applied yet
- Press hands/arms straight back with high elbows
- The speed should be progressive, i.e. starting slowly at the beginning of each movement and then increasing the speed
- Backward movement is done with the same movement
The exercise should normally always be performed with both arms at the same time. The hands should be in the same position as when swimming, they should be open and not grasp the grip.
A finger paddle attached to the grip increases the comfort and a technically correct execution considerably.
The push and pull phase can be trained in isolation.
15 x 1:00 min - 1:00 min rest
20 x 1:00 min - 1:00 min rest
30 x 1:00 min - 1:00 min rest
By number of repetitions:
10 x 15 reps - 1:00 min rest
20 x 20 reps - 1:00 min rest
30 x 30 reps - 1:00 min rest
Breathing and leg movement cannot be trained. Furthermore, it is not possible to train the coordination of the movements of the core, which are necessary for rotation, in any way.